Use at least three different resources for salary research to devise a fair salary range for a professional in a career of interest to you. List the resources you used and the salary range you would propose to an employer.
- Did you draw on different types of resources (e.g., not just three different salary surveys, but perhaps a salary survey, a career database, and a person working in your career of interest)?
- Did at least one of your resources give you clear information about the impact of geographic location on salary range?
- Did your resources give you information about whether non-salary benefits and perks are the norm in your career of interest?
- Did you find information about the organizations involved in the research (e.g., whether the information was taken from large or small companies; from for-profits, non-profits, the public sector or a combination, etc.)?
- Did your resources clarify how current their data is, so that you can tell whether it applies to the current labour market?